25 Questions You Should Ask Your Solicitor
All Law Firms Are Not The Same, but you knew that. So how are Clutton Cox different? Well for a start we try and speak and write in clear and easy to understand language not wrapped up in legal jargon. There are plenty of technically competent lawyers. There are fewer that are service quality competent. Fewer that are willing to give you what you want and not just what they think you need. Take your own experience. Have you dealt with a professional recently whether or not a lawyer? An estate agent maybe? A mortgage adviser perhaps?
Did they do the following?
- Understand the unique nature of your matter? - We Do!
- Shut up and Listen carefully to what you have to say? - We Do!
- Explain what they were going to do and why, and not just assume you knew and already understood? - We Do!
- Help you understand the reasons behind what was going on rather than just telling you what was going on? - We Do!
- Keep you informed when you want to be, and how you wish to communicate; letter, fax, email, text message? - We Do!
- Avoid jargon and write to you in plain English? - We Do!
- Make sure they are accessible when you want them to be? - We Do!
- Keep their promises? - We Do!
- Keep to deadlines? - We Do!
- Involve you in major points of the work? - We Do!
- Show an interest beyond the work at hand? - We Do!
- Be helpful beyond the task for which they were paid? - We Do!
- Treat you as an individual not a case or matter number - We Do!
- Guarantee to return every call by the end of the day - We Do!
- Tell you your call is important to us, yet there are not enough staff to answer the phone to you - We (Don't!)
- Assign you to this team or that, only for you to have to explain yourself over and over again - We (Don't!)
- Provide common sense solutions to problems without making a song and dance about it - We Do!
- Counsel you and give you a helping hand, when the stress of moving gets too much - We Do!
- Give you a loyalty discount next time you use our services - We Do!
- Show you all the charges before we start to work for you and no nasty bill shock - We Do!
- Make it easy for you to contact us so you don't have to take time off work - We Do!
- Give you a guarantee that you can always speak to the lawyer dealing with your matter - We Do!
- Give you access to your matter with web tracking and text updates - We Do!
- Provide you with unrivalled local knowledge, and not just on legal matters - We Do!
- Above all, provide testimonials from clients proving we don't just talk the talk- but walk the walk- you've guessed it - We Do!