10 Quite Interesting Things about Conveyancing and the Housing Market
- AuthorPaul Hajek
If you are stuck for conversation over the Easter weekend, pop a few of these facts in to get things moving.
1. The average price of a Property is now £163,803.
2. The average price of a Property excluding flats, is £228,385
3. House prices grew by 2.2% in March on the back of increased demand, activity and a scarcity of housing for sale. Although in some areas of the North and Midlands prices actually fell.
4. The average time to sell a house is 11.6 weeks in the Midlands and North, less than six weeks in London and 8.4 weeks across the southern regions(according to HomeTrack)
5. The average proportion of the asking price achieved on property sales is 93%
6. 8 out of 10 cats would prefer to stay put rather than move
7. 76: the actual number of days HIPs have been abolished - they had only previously been suspended.
8. £100,000 the amount of Stamp Duty payable on a property at £2,000,000: £140,000 the amount of Stamp Duty payable on a property at £2,000,001
9. 45% of Home owners have no mortgage
Happy Easter and remember there are only 260 Conveyancing Days until Christmas