Conveyancing in Chipping Sodbury, South Gloucestershire: 10 Things You Need To Know If You Are Moving Home.
- AuthorPaul Hajek
Where can you find out the nitty gritty about selling or buying your home in Chipping Sodbury?
This guide will give you a flavour of the area, potential problems you may encounter and the property professionals you are likely to come across.
If you are new to the area we would be delighted to speak with you and answer any questions you may have.
1. Chipping Sodbury is about 11 miles north east of Bristol and 14 miles north west of Bath on the edge of the cotswolds.
Motorway connections are good with Junction 18 of M4 about 4 miles and Junction 14 of M5 about 7 miles away.
Bristol Parkway Station is about 8 miles away with frequent services to London. A local service to Bristol is available from
Yate Station a couple of miles away.
2. The local authority is South Gloucestershire. You can find here the range of services provided by South Gloucestershire Council
3 Chipping Sodbury is a medieval town, with a wide High Street, reportedly the second widest in England after Marlborough. The word “Chipping” means market or market square.
4 The Hamlets of Little Sodbury and Old Sodbury make up the three Sodburys
5. There are relatively few town houses in the High Street, Broad Street and Horse Street. Hence when they come on to the market, they can usually command a premium
6 St John the Baptist Church in Chipping Sodbury dates back to Norman times.If you are selling your property and come within roughly the parish of St. John the Baptist, Chipping Sodbury, you may required to pay an Indemnity Insurance to guard yourself against something called Chancel Repair. You can find out more about Chancel Repair Liability here
7 All the estate agents in Chipping Sodbury, with the exception of one are run by their owners, and not part of a corporate organisation. One of the agencies is part of a franchise. The three which are owner run are Milburys and Country Property Agents and Linix. The Besley Hill franchise is owned by the same person who runs his Energy Assessor Company from the same building. The corporate agency is Allen and Harris.
8 All the Estate Agents will recommend Conveyancing, Mortgage advice and will order your HIP for you on the property you are selling. Besley Hill will normally refer Conveyancing to Clutton Cox Conveyancing Solicitors in Chipping Sodbury, as will Milburys. Country Property Agents and Linix will normally refer Conveyancing to Wards Solicitors in Yate. Regretably, if you venture into Allen and Harris they will direct you (company policy) to a firm in Leeds: Which lets face it is not very local is it.
As always consider options and obtain a few quotations for every service you require.
9. ActionMove is also based in Chipping Sodbury and is a dedicated Home Information Pack, HIP, Provider
10. Waitrose will put in a planning application for a Supermarket in the next month or so, on the site of the town car park and part of the old quarry. Outline Planning Permission will be sought by the developers for 190 homes on part of the disused quarry
If it is your first time you are moving to or from Chipping Sodbury,call or email us without any obligation for free information and advice.