All Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion
Day 2: Everything You Need To Know About Buying and Selling a House or a Flat in 31 Daily Bite-Sized Chunks
As Conveyancing Solicitors in Bristol you might forgive us for the nautical analogy.
Welcome to Day 2 of our special series of blog posts running every day in March.
Why Sell in Spring?
Estate Agents will advise you that Spring is one of the best times in the year to sell your house or flat.
Most Estate Agents will also advise you (but the advice is often ignored) to get your home in tip top condition as far as possible before it goes on the market.
As the expression goes, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Put another way what you need to achieve is kerb appeal.
With the present subdued state of the Housing Market, it is even more essential that your property stands out from the crowd.
Competition amongst Sellers is fierce, as buyers are few and far between.
Smartening the appearance of your home may not actually add much to its value, but it could make the difference between selling in a reasonable time or sticking and going stale on the market.
Here are our top tips to ensure you get to the top of the podium with your SOLD medal:
• Give yourself enough time between thinking about selling and actually ringing the Estate Agent for a valuation with a view to selling
• Touch up or re-paint (neutral remember not nuclear)
• Re-plaster and Re-point where necessary (well presented puts the potential buyer in the right frame of mind to make an offer)
• Start with the garden (at this time of year that should be minimal pickup after the rigours of winter)
• Don’t forget the front door- gleaming is good (as Gordon Gecko might have said)
• If you are selling a flat, make sure the communal areas are up to scratch (even if you do it yourself-with permission of course)
With a little fore thought and planning you could reap the rewards of a sale within a reasonable time.
To paraphrase the well known Channel 4 programme “Location, Location, Location”- what you need is Presentation, Presentation, Presentation.
Be sure to sign up for a chance to have your Conveyancing carried out by Clutton Cox, free of charge.
Get your home ready for sale before you put it on the market