Job Title: Conveyancing Solicitor/Legal Executive
Location: This is a fantastic opportunity for a Conveyancing Solicitor/Legal Executive who may be setting out on their career or seeking a fresh challenge to join an award-winning innovative CQS law firm in Chipping Sodbury.
Reporting To: Head of Residential Property
The Firm: Clutton Cox is an award winning Conveyancing firm not only in for its leading-edge website but also for Innovation use of Social Media and Marketing.
We eschew the daily grind of being lowly service providers for Conveyancing Panels and all the bruised morale and unrealistic stress that can bring.
Clutton Cox is a leading and award-winning firm which has embraced innovation, inbound marketing and social media, and continually seeks to improve its client conveyancing experience in every aspect.
We are proudly independent and are at the forefront of Conveyancing in the new Digital High Street.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Applicants must be highly organised and customer focused:
1. Deliver practical services of outstanding quality that are focused on the Client’s needs to ensure a greater Conveyancing experience.
2. Complete tasks efficiently, accurately and within specified timescales
3. Manage own caseload of freehold and leasehold transactions including new-build, unregistered, Right to Buy, shared ownership, Deeds of Trust, Deeds of Variation etc.
4. Check contract documentation, mortgage offers and search results.
5. Understand and produce accurate financial statements.
6. Deal with exchange of contracts and preparation of files for completion
7. Ability to check, draft and produce accurate comprehensive documentation for clients
8. Carry out and report on conveyancing searches.
9. To tie incoming post up with client files, update case management system, deal with queries, agree action etc.
10. Update clients, estate agents and other solicitors, taking agreed actions and report back progress to Head of Conveyancing.
11. Chase redemption figures, liaise with lenders regarding outstanding items, chase documentation and searches
12. Computer literate and ability to type
13. Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by Head of Conveyancing.
Knowledge and experience
Experience of working in a busy Conveyancing Department and a good understanding of property law and conveyancing procedure.
Skills and qualities
1. Self-motivated with a positive outlook.
2. Actively seeks additional responsibilities.
3. Exceptional performers.
4. Remains calm under pressure.
5. Adaptable and embraces change.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
7. Organised and methodical
8. Takes the initiative and has good judgment in terms of own resource management and also involving others
9. Shows willingness to learn however recognises limits of ability and when to seek advice
10. Team player, with willingness to help others and who shares information and knowledge to help deliver a joint outcome
11. Highly organised with the ability to work to deadlines and to prioritise conflicting objectives