Job Title: Senior Conveyancer
Ideal Candidate: This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Conveyancer seeking a fresh challenge to join a multi-award-winning innovative CQS and Conveyancing Association member law firm.
Location: Chipping Sodbury and Thornbury
The Firm: Clutton Cox is an award-winning Conveyancing firm not only in for its leading-edge website but also for Innovation and the use of Social Media and Marketing.
Clutton Cox is a leading and multi-award-winning firm which has embraced innovation and inbound marketing and social media and continually seeks to improve its client conveyancing experience in every aspect. We are proudly independent and are at the forefront of Conveyancing in the new Digital High Street.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
You will have at least five years’ experience running your own caseload from instruction through to completion with a track record of business development along with supervising more junior members of staff. You must have a “can do” attitude, passion and drive.
You will need to be able to demonstrate your ability to build, maintain and develop relationships with external stakeholders (Estate Agents etc.), as well as with internal stakeholders and members of your team. You will also need to provide evidence of leadership and motivational skills, and your ability to help drive this area of the business forward.
- demonstrates a high degree of competence in all Conveyancing matters.
- advises clients on matters
- takes client calls successfully and produce/record effective telephone notes
- demonstrates a good understanding of the client’s aims and objectives
- applies Firm and departmental processes and procedures
- demonstrates best use of precedents and know how to save time and costs
- drafts concise documents in plain language
- able to apply AML and anti-mortgage fraud policies
- plays an active role within the team and supports other team members during busy times
- involves the secretaries and other support staff in an effective way
- delegates and appropriately supervises more junior fee earners and the firm’s supervision policy
- demonstrates a willingness to support the supervisor to whom they report
- commits to attendance at team/departmental meetings/individual training meetings
- self-motivated to create opportunities to generate new business in fulfilment of an agreed strategy
- able and experienced in pitching for referrals from intermediaries and other third parties
- demonstrate an aptitude for developing appropriate networking and hospitality opportunities
- introduce new clients to the Firm
- identifies and attends appropriate networking opportunities
- wherever the opportunity arises, promotes the services of teams from across the Firm to the client for whom they are acting
- able to prepare and present (as part of a team) Seminars to external candidates on relevant areas of law
To apply: email your full CV to lou[at]cluttoncox.co.uk